Saturday, May 14, 2005

K.O. at M.Tech. written test...

Bad luck strikes again!. The written test held for the M.Tech. admissions to IIT Bombay was a nightmare and I got K.O.ed out. Whereas the cut-off for the written test results were 55, I could only score 40 (thanks to negative marking).

Interestingly, if I had the damned sponsorship letter from the company that I work for, I would have been selected for the second round of test and interview. (The cut-off for sponsored candidates was 28.). But, that was not to be.

As if for consolation, I did get an admission to the PGDIIT course, but an M.Tech. is an M.Tech.. So, we now get ready for the next year's GATE. Hopefully, then I will score enough so that I get through the direct admissions.

My father was right. It ain't over, till its over.

The test itself was crazy. 60 objective questions to be answered in 120 minutes (2 minutes per question). But, most of the questions (especially the programs) were so long that it took over 2 minutes to just read each one of them. Looks like the guy setting the paper had all the time in the world to get the solution. If not, we have found another Einstein.

No comments: