Wednesday, March 16, 2005

GATE 2005 results declared

Yesterday (15th March 2005), the results for the GATE 2005 exam were declared. I had appeared for the exam and I could score 99.59 percentile with an All India Rank of 32.

I do not know how good this score is. It would seem that it is a good score at this point, but we shall know only when I am able to secure admission to the MTech course at IIT Bombay, Mumbai.

One of the funny things that happened was that after I had seen the result, I called up home to inform my father and told him the result. Instead of congratulating me, he wished me good luck. I was confused and then my father clarified that there may be only a limited number of seats for the MTech course and whatever the score only after securing an admission to the MTech course can we consider it to be a successful attempt.

Made sense to me...

No comments: