Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lost my cellphone

I lost my Nokia cellphone last week. The phone was about 2 years old, and the screen cover was already cracked due to the slim phone falling off many times from my shirt pocket. The last time I had lost it, a good samaritan had returned it to me. This time, however, I was not lucky.

It did not take me much time to get the old SIM card blocked, and get a duplicate one. It cost me INR 25.

Instead of a buying a new phone immediately, I thought of using my Nexus S (which till now was being used as an email-checking and gaming device). Luckily, I also had a backup of my contacts / calendar entries which I could import into the Nexus S.

Its quite difficult to handle the Nexus S while commuting (especially in the rains). I plan to buy a plain (sub INR 2K) phone for regular use.

No comments: