Sunday, January 23, 2011

Nexus S : my first Android

Received by first Android phone (a Nexus S) a few days ago. I have been playing with it, and trying to get a hang of whether it is a good competitor to the iPhone. Though I love gadgets, I have been consciously trying to avoid adding to the e-waste. So, while I used my first mobile for about 8 years, the Nokia that I current use is just about a year old. I do not intend to make the Nexus S my daily phone, but more to use it as a developer's phone. It still does not have a SIM card - I use it via the WiFi setting up my Windows 7 as a virtual access point.

From whatever I have read, it has a 1GHz processor, and until now the phone and the apps seems to be quite a pleasure to use. There are few grouses regarding the placement of the home buttons / rocker buttons, but I'll reserve that for a later post.

Until now (like my brief iPad experience outlined in this post), Android seems to have a large number of games / entertainment apps available. So, off I go back to the phone to have some more leisurely Sunday fun.

3 comments:

Aseem Rane said...

Boss, whats the cost??

Anon said...

@Aseem: About 25K

Aseem Rane said...

ummm.. just 25K??? where did you get it from?? Nexus S at that price is excellent deal.