Saturday, November 22, 2008

Lunch at Cafe Mysore

Last Saturday, I had lunch at Cafe Mysore, King's Circle. The quality was the same, the quantity a bit reduced, and the price much higher than what it was a few years ago (blame inflation).

I had the "chappati lunch" (with "puri lunch" or "double rice" being other options). The lunch came with 2 chappatis, one subji (cauliflower + carrot + peas) small watis of dal, rasam, black-eyed pea (chawli) "gassi" (a coconut-based gravy), a small glass of buttermilk, one papad. A small mound of rice followed, once the chappatis were gobbled up.

I find the lunch at Cafe Mysore to be simple, and quite easy on the stomach. The quantity is lesser than at other restaurants, but for me, that is fine. I wouldn't like to stuff too much into the stomach.

No comments: