Thursday, September 18, 2008

Back to work...

After a 2 year sabbatical for my MTech, I joined back my old workplace on 1st September. Ideally, I would have loved to wait for a few more days before joining, but there was no point in delaying the inevitable. These first few weeks at work I felt quite strange...quite out-of-place, a sense of losing freedom. I had to report to work by 08:30 and couldn't leave my workplace when I felt bored. In addition, numerous restrictions on accessing the Internet made life more miserable. Another reason may be that I was missing Ubuntu / Linux at my work desktop. After all, during the last 2 years of MTech I had hardly used Microsoft Windows at all.

Then, I recollected a similar feeling when I had joined MTech. That is when I had blogged this post titled "Feels like jail". And then suddenly I felt there was hope. Maybe if I could just persist over the feeling, it would eventually die down. Let's see how this works out.

2 comments:

Anoop Kunchukuttan said...

That inspires me to post on my post-IIT update as well. I guess my life was too unstructured at IIT, so I am loving some organization. Hope it doesn't reduce to a very suffocating regime.

Totally agree with you about Ubuntu. The Ubuntu repo from IIT is really helping.

Jayaraman said...

Welcome Back Ram Ji..
Heard that you joined back from Dr Som and Vinay. Could not speak to you on the most valuable 48 hours I spent in Mumbai. May be we can catch up now.. will send you my no. in mail / can be had from Som