Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Yipee! its over...

By the grace of the Supreme Lord and all the other Gods, Goddesses, saints and gurus, I have successfulky completed the MTech programme at IITB.

My MTech thesis defense is over, and I'm glad to say that its finally over. A few formalities including the convocation remain, but otherwise there should be no problems.

The 2-year stint at IITB comes to an end. The time was spent nicely, and it really helped me a lot. Lots of points jotted down - may result in a book some day...

The interesting part was my CPI (Cumulative Point Index)...in the end, my CPI stands at about 9.8987, which is truly surprising.

The next few weeks I intend to rest, as well as finish some of the pending work on the system I was working on. It'll be only after the convocation that I'll be resuming my earlier job (hopefully).

A few final points in this post: a lot of heartfelt gratitude towards my guide, Prof. Abhiram Ranade, also the head of the Dept. of Comp. Science and Engg., IITB. Although he was the head, he always found time to talk to his students. I think he always believed that the world's most complex problems always have the most simple solutions. And, while I was busy conjuring up useless solutions to my project's problems, he would, in one swipe - one single math formula - state the solution, and be done. The beauty is in the simplicity of his solutions. Another point worth mentioning is his simple lifestyle. In almost 2 years of association with him, I did not find him talk on a cellphone (which probably he does not own). He does not seem to own a vehicle either. Did I mention that he was among the recipients of IIT Bombay's "Excellence in Teaching Awards"? More about my guide in a separate post later...

Until then, its party time!

1 comment:

Aseem Rane said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.