Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Been there, done that, got caught

This weekend I went to Panvel, saw a nice diesel loco (ERS shed), photographed it from close quarters, got caught by security.
I had to wriggle my way out.

End result = Deletion of photographs from the camera.

When I reached Panvel (PNVL), I saw a WDM2A hauled long-distance train on one of the platforms. I was quite excited with the prospect of photographing it and hurried to reach the loco.

It turned out to be the late-running TVC-NZM (Trivandrum-Hazrat Nizamuddin) express headed by a ERS (Ernakulam) WDM2A loco.

I got reasonably good shots of the loco.
It was probably over enthusiasm to shoot the logo in the front of the loco that got me nailed (a very funny logo for a loco shed - a boat with a sail ---- compare that to the "deer in flight" logo of the Erode (ED) shed).

The security (probably RPF or GRP) said something about taking me to see the "officer", etc. I noticed he had a batch with a "Marathi-sounding" name and started to converse in Marathi. Of course, the first thing he asked me was whether I was a Maharashtrian and which was my native place. (This is a very common dialogue that one hears when conversing with Marathi-speaking people "Tumcha gaon kutla aahe").

After pleading and deleting the photos, he just took down my name and some identification from the company Icard (the only identity I had) and then let me off.

Unlucky enough for me and my entire trip a big waste.

No comments: